Arnica: What is it?
Arnica is one of the most popular homeopathic remedies in the United States today.
It is commonly called leopard's bane is a perennial herb that grows in Central Europe. No doubt your ancestors were using this incredible medicine as it was discovered in the late 1700’s. It has only recently gotten pushed aside because of the massive introduction of pharmaceuticals in the United States. Other countries have continued its use. Arnica is one of those things you just want to have in your medicine cabinet, as you never know when you might need it.
What is arnica used for?
Arnica is the most popular homeopathic medicine for stroke victims, but it is used for all types of injuries to expedite the healing process.
- Pain and Inflammation from traumas, injuries, strains, arthritis, sprains and gout.
- Herpes – chicken pox and shingles
- Head injuries – including concussions
- Any trauma or injury with bruising, including head injuries
- Dental pains
- Some people use it before dental work or adjustments on their braces
- Pre and Post Surgeries for pain and reduction in bruising or swelling
- Before and after labor
- Muscular pain
- Bleeding anywhere in the body
- Black eyes
- Quicker repair after a fall
How does arnica work?
The beauty of Arnica is that it stimulates white blood cell activity which consequently leads to the dispersion of congested blood and trapped fluids from the muscles and joints as well as bruised tissue. It is very different than popping a pain killer that just temporarily tells your brain not to feel the pain. It stimulates repair, which often can correct the reason for your pain. It also has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory abilities that help in the reduction of pain and swelling and improve faster wound healing.